frequently asked questions and bush tennis center rules
Do I have to be a member to use the courts?
No, all are welcome at Bush Tennis Center.
If we have a rain out, when can we do the make-up class?
You can make up the class on another date that is within the same session or a credit will be issued to your account for a future class.
Does BTC have ball machines to rent?
No, instead we provide an alternative service through hitting sessions. One of our instructors will hit with you for 1 hour. They do not give private instruction during these sessions. The cost is $25 per hour.
Can I get my racquet strung at BTC? And how long does it takes to get it done?
Yes you can! We have several racquet technicians and a stringing machine in our Pro Shop where we will string your racquet and make repairs, such as grommet replacement and grip build ups. The cost for stringing is $15 per racket. You may bring your own string or purchase string from our Pro Shop. Our turnaround is typically between 24 and 48 hours.
Policies and Procedures
Registration – Registration for tennis classes at Bush Tennis Center can be done through our pro shop located at 5700 Briarwood Ave., Midland, Texas or over the phone at (432) 620-8180. Class fee must be paid in full before the first day of the session registered for.
Inclement Weather and Makeups – Any cancellations due to bad weather will be announced via Facebook (Bush Tennis Center) and by calling the pro shop, if you are unsure if your class will be meeting. Classes cancelled due to inclement weather can be made up on another day of you're choosing during the same session or credit can be added to your account. Classes missed for personal reasons may be made up in the same manner as bad weather make-ups with a limit of one (1) makeup per session.
Holidays – Classes generally do not meet on legal holidays and school holidays. To be sure about your class schedule, please check with the front desk.
Ball Hoppers and Ball Baskets – May not be used unless approved by a Tennis Director or you may bring your own.
Cancellations -Private lesson/Hitting Session cancellations – You must cancel your private lesson 24 hours prior to your private lesson or you will be charged the full amount for the lesson that was booked.
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited on facility property.
- Removing any clothing that would bare skin. You must leave shirts on at all times and sports bras are not permitted as a shirt.
- Glass containers are prohibited on the courts.
- Chewing gum is prohibited inside the facility.
- Trash is to be placed in the provided containers.
- Smoking is prohibited at BTC and on park property.
- No game other than tennis is to be played on the courts.
- Excessive noise, racquet throwing and profanity are strictly forbidden.
- Persons/spectators not playing tennis are to remain outside the fence for their own protection and liability reasons.
Tennis Instruction – Patrons or guests are not permitted to bring a tennis instructor from outside of BTC for instruction purposes.
Discounts – Member discounts of 20% apply to all ages and levels of clinic play, and some non-sale retail items.